Dashboards provide a single pane of glass view into your data.
Axiom provides a mature dashboards experience that allows collections of queries across multiple datasets to be visualized in one place.
Dashboards are easy to share, benefit from collaboration, and bring separate datasets together in a single view.
This guide will introduce the Dashboards page and help you to create your first Dashboard and add queries to it.
Select a private or shared dashboard from this page. A private dashboard is one that only you can see and edit, and a shared dashboard can be viewed or edited by anyone on your team.
Click the New Dashboard button to get started, you'll see a dialog that asks you for the name and a description of your new dashboard:
Your First Query
Once a dashboard is selected, you'll be shown an empty dashboard page, with a call to action button that asks you to create a new query:
Clicking that button displays the edit query slide-out, where you can create your dashboard using the Simple Query Builder or Advanced Query Builder.
- The Simple Query Builder uses the datasets analytics tool to create your query and dashboard.
- The Advanced Query Builder uses APL on Data Explorer to run and create your dashboard.
Stacked Chart Area Variant
Stacked area graphs enable you to get the composition and comparison of different query events in relative time stacked on top of each other. With stacked area graphs, you can identify log patterns and generate advanced visualizations from your logs.
Stack charts enable you to plot and develop complex query dashboards and incorporate advanced graph visualizations into your logging experience over time.
- To get started with Stacked Area graphs, change your dashboard variant from default to area.
- You'll see your stacked graph visualisations in your query chart dashboard.
Next, enter the TITLE, CHART TYPE and VIEW of your dashboard and click VALIDATE & SAVE
Click the Done button when you are finished, and you will now see your query in your dashboard. You can adjust the dimensions of the query from the bottom-right corner.
When you are happy with the dashboard, press the "Save Dashboard" button in the toolbar to save your changes.
From the toolbar, you can:
- Add more queries
- Change ownership of the dashboard between yourself and a team
- Change the time range that all the queries in a dashboard display
- Full screen the dashboard, which is perfect for displaying it on a tv or shared monitor