Send CloudFront logs to Axiom
Amazon CloudFront is a web service that speeds up distribution of your static and dynamic web content, such as .html, .css, .js, and image files, to your users. CloudFront delivers your content through a worldwide network of data centers called edge locations.
We built an easy way for you to send CloudFront logs to Axiom using AWS S3 bucket and Lambda. With this, you can observe your static and dynamic content and run deep queries on your CloudFront distribution logs efficiently and properly.
- Create an account on AWS Cloud
- Sign up or log in to your account on Axiom Cloud
- On Axiom UI, create a Dataset and API Token with ingest permissions for that Dataset
Axiom CloudFront integration is available opensource on GitHub. Select the stack you want to deploy and click launch stack.
There are two methods to send logs from Cloudfront to Axiom using our launch stack:
- If you created or have an S3 bucket for your CloudFront data: In this launch stack, you don't need to create an S3 bucket. You just need to add your Dataset Name and API Token.
- If you don't have an S3 bucket created for your CloudFront data: This stack creates an S3 bucket for your CloudFront data, you also have to add your Dataset Name and API Token.
- Create and Configure your CloudFront Distribution
- Select your origin Domain
- In Origin access, select use Legacy access identities and choose your Origin access identity. In your Bucket Policy select Yes, update the bucket policy
- In your Standard logging option, select the On button so that your data will be delivered to your S3 bucket.
- Click on Create Distribution and Run your Distribution.
- Back in your Axiom Dataset you'll see your CloudFront Distribution logs