Send Render logs to Axiom
Render is a unified cloud to build and run all your apps and websites with free TLS certificates, a global CDN, DDoS protection, private networks, and auto deploys from Git.
Axiom provides complete visibility into your Render projects, allowing you to monitor the behavior of your websites and applications. Axiom's Syslog Endpoint integration uses Render's log stream to capture data about the status and performance of your websites and applications.
NB: If you’re using our free hobby plan, the endpoints are HTTP only. On our paid plans (basic, team, and enterprise) the endpoints are HTTP + Syslog.
- Create and sign in to your account on Render
- Sign up or log in to your account on Axiom
- On Axiom UI, create a Dataset and API Token with ingest permissions for that Dataset
- Secure Syslog Endpoint
- On the Axiom UI, select Endpoints and create a new Endpoint with the Secure Syslog Service on the dataset you created.
- When you create your Endpoint service, the endpoint will be in the following format
- Create and connect to your application on Render. Your application can be a static site, web service, Redis, or background worker.
- Next, select Log Streams in your account settings on Render and add the log endpoint created during installation.
- Back in your dataset, you'll see your logs coming in from Render in your dataset so you can get insights into your website requests and identify potential bottlenecks in any application hosted on Render.