At Axiom, our vision is to unlock insights from event data at any scale. We believe that unified access to all event data, all the time, makes organizations far more effective. That’s why we built Axiom: the first cloud-native data store designed specifically for timestamped events, providing live-streaming, search, reporting, and monitoring capabilities. Built from the ground up, Axiom delivers performance and scalability at a lower cost. Today, thousands of companies — from ambitious startups to the world’s largest enterprises — trust Axiom to make sense of event data for engineering, security, and operational use cases.
Our work so far is just the first step towards our vision. We’ve raised funds from top-tier investors including Crane Venture Partners, LocalGlobe, Fly VC, Mango Capital, as well as leading angels like former GitHub CEO Nat Friedman, former Heroku co-founder Adam Wiggins, and Vercel CEO Guillermo Rauch. We’re building a diverse group of kind and brilliant people who are the best at what they do to forge ahead. Join us!
About the Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Design Engineer to help design and build axiom.co, our marketing and documentation site. You’ll prototype ideas, design and build pages, and iterate on the site to help launch new features, increase sign ups, and define our brand.
As a Design Engineer, you will:
- Design and build beautiful interactive pages, animations, and user experiences that contribute to Axiom’s marketing
- Write, test, and ship high-quality efficient code that improves our accessibility, performance, and conversion
- Work closely with design, marketing, and sales to understand the needs of the site and feasibility of various solutions
- Contribute to a collaborative, cross-functional design and front-end process to improve the consistency and quality of our marketing site codebase and processes
- Craft an attractive and unified design language across our marketing site
- Join team reviews and share work regularly for feedback
- Obsess over pixels, grids, fonts, and building responsive web and mobile experiences
- Support the implementation of various marketing tools and systems
You might be a good fit if:
- You have at least 3 years of similar experience in a design or front end engineering role where you were designing and shipping marketing sites
- You have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating your front-end experience and visual design sense
- You are comfortable working with Figma, prototyping designs, and building to get ideas live
- You have experience with front-end frameworks like Next.js, performance best practices, and using TypeScript, Tailwind, and Vercel
- You have clear written and verbal communication skills, and enjoy interfacing with marketing and sales teams
- You have experience with marketing analytics and conversion tools to optimize and test performance
- Experience working in data-heavy domains like developer tools or analytics
- Experience working in a remote/async team across multiple timezones
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Flexibility to work from wherever suits you best. For this role, we are considering individuals based in the timezone range UTC-8 to UTC-5 and UTC+8 to UTC+12.
- Budget to build your home office set-up.
- Monthly budget to support mental and physical wellness.
- Uncapped, continued education stipend.
- Annual offsite with your teammates from around the world.
- A focus day each week with no meetings, Slack or Zoom. Uninterrupted time to focus on work and run errands.
- Uncapped vacation to unplug and rejuvenate.
- Generous and flexible family leave for everyone.