At Axiom, our vision is to unlock insights from event data at any scale. We believe that unified access to all event data, all the time, makes organizations far more effective. That’s why we built Axiom: the first cloud-native data store designed specifically for timestamped events, providing live-streaming, search, reporting, and monitoring capabilities. Built from the ground up, Axiom delivers performance and scalability at a lower cost. Today, thousands of companies — from ambitious startups to the world’s largest enterprises — trust Axiom to make sense of event data for engineering, security, and operational use cases.
Our work so far is just the first step towards our vision. We’ve raised funds from top-tier investors including Crane Venture Partners, LocalGlobe, Fly VC, Mango Capital, as well as leading angels like former GitHub CEO Nat Friedman, former Heroku co-founder Adam Wiggins, and Vercel CEO Guillermo Rauch. We’re building a diverse group of kind and brilliant people who are the best at what they do to forge ahead. Join us!
About the Role
The Lead Sales Engineer role at Axiom plays a crucial role in connecting our technical capabilities with our sales efforts. They are responsible for explaining the technical aspects of our products to potential clients, ensuring that our solutions perfectly match their needs and challenges.
As a Sales Engineer, you will:
- Lead technical presentations and product demonstrations tailored to prospective clients' needs.
- Formulate solution proposals by closely engaging with prospects to comprehend their technical landscape and challenges.
- Construct and refine foundational pre-sales processes, protocols, templates, and documentation to streamline sales engineering functions.
- Collaborate intimately with sales, product, and engineering teams to ensure our product offerings are congruent with market demands and customer requirements.
- Establish the framework and groundwork for the subsequent expansion of the sales engineering team, contributing to Axiom’s scalability and long-term growth.
- Take ownership of the technical relationship of deals through the sales cycle.
- Maintain relationships with customers through their lifecycle with Axiom, help expand their use, and provide feedback to the Product Management team.
- Play an integral part in defining and executing our go-to-market strategy - exploring new use cases, integrations, partnerships, etc.
You might be a good fit if:
- A deep understanding of observability tools, system architectures, and software development, with knowledge of cloud-native technologies is required.
- Experience with modern observability and log management platforms is required. This includes everything from data ingest, to parsing, to manipulation and visualization of the data.
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively convey complex technical concepts to a diverse audience, from engineers to executives.
- Additional experience needed includes distributed data stores, data shipping services, cloud providers, SSO concepts, and cloud orchestration.
- Experience with sales processes such as MEDDPICC in a presales or architect role.
- Demonstrated leadership potential and strategic thinking, with experience in leading initiatives and developing effective strategies in a sales engineering environment.
- Adaptable and collaborative mindset, able to seamlessly collaborate with different teams to align product capabilities with customer needs.
It would be helpful to have:
- Experience in an observability startup or related field, with a deep understanding of industry-specific challenges and needs.
- Established industry relationships and strong networking skills to leverage connections for sales opportunities and bring immediate deal value.
- Proficiency in project management, including efficient management of multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Background in mentorship or training, fostering collaboration and a learning-oriented environment for junior team members or colleagues.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Flexibility to work from wherever suits you best. For this role, we are considering individuals based in the United States.
- Budget to build your home office set-up.
- Monthly budget to support mental and physical wellness.
- Uncapped, continued education stipend.
- Annual offsite with your teammates from around the world.
- A focus day each week with no meetings, Slack or Zoom. Uninterrupted time to focus on work and run errands.
- Uncapped vacation to unplug and rejuvenate.
- Generous and flexible family leave for everyone.