Software Engineer (DB & Storage Team)
Axiom’s mission is to empower developers to get the best insights into their data, as fast as possible. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team building a cloud native, serverless data analytics platform. Axiom completely changes the way in which developers and organizations think about their data: they can now send unlimited data with cost-effective storage and lightning-fast querying.
About the Role
We’re looking for a mid-level software engineer interested in joining a creative team focusing on our home grown database that utilizes cloud platform technologies. We are a fully remote and distributed team that values collaboration with teammates as well giving the authority to make decisions. We’re looking for people who want to have an immediate impact applying their engineering experience, while continuing to learn and grow their skills in a fast moving environment.
What You Will do:
- Collaborate with colleagues to design solutions to real business problems
- Develop new and maintain existing back-end services using Go
- Develop internal tooling to operate and manage our database in the cloud
- Identify performance bottlenecks and use profiles and benchmarks to improve key metrics
- Research and design new ways to compress and index data
- Enhance the query language, compiler and runtime to support new features and improve execution time
- Participate in a culture that values both thoughtful code reviews, and frequent deployments
- Familiarity software architecture, design, and testing
- Have knowledge of cloud systems, databases, and cloud architecture
- You have excellent communication skills
- 3 years systems programming experience using a low-level language
- 5 years programming experience (Go, Java, C++, Python, node.js, any)
- Familiarity with unix-like environments
- Experience debugging in a cloud environment
- Experience working with performance sensitive code
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience writing documentation and tests, appreciating their importance to the team and product
- Open source contributions, projects, and working with communities
- Experience working fully remote with a globally distributed team
- Experience with Go
- Experience working on data and distributed systems problems
- Applicable Math or CS degree
Be part of something great.
Globally Remote Team
We believe in providing flexibility in the workplace by hiring our team from across the globe.
We work hard and we know how important it is to unplug and rejuvenate. Take the time you need.
Home Office Set Up
We'll make sure you have an awesome set up for Discord, Zoom, and everything else!
Teamwork makes the dream work. We may be remote, but we love coming together as a team to reach our goals and to spend valuable time with one another.
We are a family and we know how important that is. We offer generous and flexible family leave for everyone.
We work normal hours but believe in giving everyone an extra day of quiet. Friday's for us mean no Discord, no Slack, and no meetings!
Want to find a career at Axiom?
Join us in changing how developers think about data.