At Axiom, our vision is to unlock insights from event data at any scale. We believe that unified access to all event data, all the time, makes organizations far more effective. That’s why we built Axiom: the first cloud-native data store designed specifically for timestamped events, providing live-streaming, search, reporting, and monitoring capabilities. Built from the ground up, Axiom delivers performance and scalability at a lower cost. Today, thousands of companies — from ambitious startups to the world’s largest enterprises — trust Axiom to make sense of event data for engineering, security, and operational use cases.
Our work so far is just the first step towards our vision. We’ve raised funds from top-tier investors including Crane Venture Partners, LocalGlobe, Fly VC, Mango Capital, as well as leading angels like former GitHub CEO Nat Friedman, former Heroku co-founder Adam Wiggins, and Vercel CEO Guillermo Rauch. We’re building a diverse group of kind and brilliant people who are the best at what they do to forge ahead. Join us!
About the Role
We’re searching for an experienced Technical Writer to join our growing team and evolve our technical writing practice. At this formative stage, the content you produce will play a critical role in the successful adoption and deepening use of Axiom products.
You'll work hand-in-hand with product, engineering, design, and developer relations teams to create content that translates technical, and often subtle, concepts into approachable and digestible material. Your written words will serve as a defining voice for the company, with your technical storytelling shaping how our product is understood, used, and valued by a growing audience.
As a Technical Writer, you will:
- Develop comprehensive, well-structured, and easy-to-follow technical content, including documentation, guides, reference materials, and tutorials.
- Collaborate with software engineers and product managers to absorb the context that will help shape accurate written content.
- Work closely with the design team to create materials that communicate technical concepts in novel and approachable ways.
- Review existing documentation to identify and close gaps.
- Monitor product changes to proactively update documentation, reflecting the latest features and best practices while highlighting new use cases.
- Engage with customers in our community to gather feedback that will inform improvements to both our product and technical writing.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience communicating technical concepts to an external audience in various formats.
- You relish diving into technical products, becoming an expert, and representing the user community within a company.
- You are proficient in publishing content using a documentation toolchain, which includes Markdown, Git, and the command line.
- Your written English is excellent.
- You enjoy arranging technical information into a logical, approachable package.
- You are comfortable working with high agency in a collaborative, fast-moving environment.
- You are resourceful, capable of doing a lot with very little, and can adapt when specific feature details are still being refined.
- You have experience working as a developer, sysadmin, or in a DevOps or SRE role, or have practical experience learning from event data.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Flexibility to work from wherever suits you best. For this role, we are considering individuals based in the US and Europe.
- Budget to build your home office set-up.
- Monthly budget to support mental and physical wellness.
- Uncapped, continued education stipend.
- Annual offsite with your teammates from around the world.
- A focus day each week with no meetings, Slack or Zoom. Uninterrupted time to focus on work and run errands.
- Uncapped vacation to unplug and rejuvenate.
- Generous and flexible family leave for everyone.